• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear TJ flare question

96XJaugie

NAXJA Forum User
First thing..do not hate me because this is my first post. I've been lurking for a few years, but because of my profession I have to refrain from posting much. If any of you reading this know what happened to Jim Zumbo, then you will know what I am talking about.

Anyhow, on to my question. I am in the process of installing TJs on my 96 XJ. I have the fronts on, and have begun the back. I'm running BFG MT 33s with 4.5" RE lift.

I have cut and rolled the back fender wells and after a miss cut on one of the flares, I'm done until I can get another pair, but I seems to me, by holding the flare up to the fender that I can fit them on the rear fender, just under the door well and not have to cut the flare in two and mount on it on the door. Why is this not done? If you are doing the cut and roll method without messing with the pinch seam, this looks like it might work?

Am I missing something?

Augie

to answer your question, i don't know, but as I myself am considering doing the same thing to mine, the rear flares anyway, it would be great if you posted some pics when you were done.

hopefully a few pics....
t_=44312218

t_=44312218

t_=44312218

t_=44312218

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/...ID=3326381751/a=44312218_44312218/t_=44312218

I ccut mine at a backwards angle so that if I took off my rear doors the flares wouldn't get snagged on trees. It did leave for a sharp corner when the rear doors were open though. If you aren't mounting them to the doors, then you didn't cut off enough, lol.

reardrivers.jpg

side1.jpg

CRWrearbmprclrnce.jpg

TJflaresrear2.jpg

Back