• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1984-94 XJ rear seat removal

obxxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
I'm sort of new to this wrenching stuff but here goes.
I've done a couple of searches and the answer may be so obvious I missed it but it was 97 degrees in the wrecking yard and the logic circuit in the pile of goo I call my brain was inoperative.
When I pull the plastic away from the seat to chassis attach point where the rear seat-seat rotates forward I don't see a bolt or torx head to remove the left and right attach points for the seat-seat. I don't need the seat back, just the seat-seat.
I must be missing something obvious. Please advise and many thanks!
OBXXJ
:doh:

there should be a release lever on the pass side mount, thats how mine is set up. the mount on the seat itself just clips onto the bolt sticking out of the body, like a door catch kind of.

Thank you GrimmJeeper! When I was in the wrecking yard there was another person on the passenger side back seat working removing some trim so I really couldn't get down there to see but I took a look at another XJ and it really is a piece of cake!

Again, many thanks!
OBXXJ

Back