• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

factory amps in 93 cherokee country??

K2fender

NAXJA Forum User
I have a friend that wants me to install some speakers and a deck in his 93 cherokee country. It has the upgraded factory sound system. I can't remember what brand off the top of my head. My question is, were there factory amps with that sound system? If there are, where are they exactly, in the doors? I need to know, so I can bypass them when I install the deck. Thanks in advance...

Infinity was the brand - don't know specs as I neevr had ti, but I'm sure it could be found with a search. it wasn't big, something like 35wx4 or similar. It was located under the rear seat behind the driver.

Infinity came in ZJ's and such. This was a different brand. I'll have him check under the back seat, for some reason i think i already checked that for him. I know in a lot of cars they are in the doors by the speakers, sometimes under the dash. I basically don't wanna have to spend a lot time on the car looking for amps to find out there arent any.

I have never heard of any XJ having an amplified system and sold car audio for 4 years at a retail store. The ZJ's had an infiniti system option and the amp was located under the reat seat. Some inifiniti systems in other cars (Mitsubishi's) have the amp under the passenger side front seat. I sincerely doubt you will find an OEM amp anywhere in an XJ. Good luck.

not sure about that year, but my 97 sport has the infinity under the rear seat driver side.

Yeah it is the jensen system. I had him check, and no amp, so that will save me some time. I appreciate the help. I handn't heard of XJ's having them either but I figured I'd check before i got started. Thanks...

cklaus said:
I have never heard of any XJ having an amplified system and sold car audio for 4 years at a retail store. The ZJ's had an infiniti system option and the amp was located under the reat seat. Some inifiniti systems in other cars (Mitsubishi's) have the amp under the passenger side front seat. I sincerely doubt you will find an OEM amp anywhere in an XJ. Good luck.

You'll find one in my XJ. So you know, 97's and up have an amplified Infinity systems as an option. Can't speak for pre 97.

Back