• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Value of Rubi Axles

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Just wondering what you local guys think. I have a "friend" of mine that has a complete setup from a Rubicon....both axles, wiring, pump, etc. They are from an 11K mile Jeep and both are in perfect condition. 4.10 gears and lockers. I know they have some drawbacks, but what do you guys think these are worth.

He want $4k for the whole setup.....Is he nuts?

I personally would not pay more than $700 for the set-up, BUT it will not fit on an XJ without ALOT of work. I am not sure if the width is correct, but I do know that the TJ/LJ have coil springs on all 4 corners.

I am not an axle man, but you'd be better off finding a D44 and HP D30 and building them with gears, lockers, and alloy shafts.

If you have a TJ or LJ and want to "upgrade" then it could be a cool item, but the price is WAY out there. Maybe $1500, IF I had a TJ and wanted to run that gear and that locker choice. But for the same $, you could build axles to your specs, i.e. deepr gears, different locker.

Just my $.02

nope hes about $2000 to high I bought a set of rubi axels for my friends tj with the wiring from a guy close to my house for $900 and thay had like 5000 miles on them

Lets see. Rear 44, but you have to cut all the brackets off and re-do them for leafs .. or 5 link your rear. I remember hearing its a weak housing?

Front LOW PINION 44, dana 30 outers, dana 30 knuckles, dana 30 brakes, stock steering, thin tube. A HP30 is just about as strong.

Both axles will need to be regeared to run a tire of any real size, you still need to buy alloy shafts if you want to go big..

Its not worth it. Even if they were only $1k it would barely be worth it for the lockers, as you can only get replacement parts at chrysler..

-C

Personally I wouldn't go that route (well, unless the deal was smokin' and I was keeping hte tire size down)... Sounds dead sexy but just falls flat in
the execution in my opinion.

I'd say that $4,000 *might* be possible if sold to one of those TJ guys who has more dollars than sence. For an XJ I'd go HP30 or HP44, I dislike the use of 30 outers on the LP44 of a rubicon myself...

Although 8psi (+/-, I forget the actual number) lockers are pretty groovy...

I have the Rubi front 44 on my MJ and it's the right width for the MJ/XJ and has worked well but it was built from a bare housing with gears and a limited slip I had for less than $900 (cus I'm lazy) by Currie including cutting a pair of shafts for it and buying the new housing from Drivetrain Direct. As I said not one problem that I wouldn't have had with a D 30 (spitting caps) but 4G is out of line. If I had had a HP non disco D 30 and not had a set of gears and a locker for the D44 I wouldn't have gone with it but that combo made it work out better for me.

I am in the process of building up a Rubi 44 for my XJ. I bought the housing from the Dodge house, but using Yukon 5.13 gears, Alloy USA shafts, a Lockright, and a buttface diff cover.

Back