• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS System swapped out, new problem...unrelated...help!

StuckonTheDock

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Forum Rules!! Bendix system failed completely, start new job monday, no time for dealer intervention...but I have 3 XJ's one dead, so ABS conversion was in order.

Thanks for the write-up Steve, all it takes to do the job is right there, wouldn't have even tried it without your documentation. Took about 5 hours from start to finnish, including pulling the parts from the donor vehicle.

New issue noticed a tick sound when I moved the steering a little back and forth, and could feel it under my feet tick...tick...tick... I crawled under for a look and had my daughter move the wheel back and forth....the whole axel is moving, I mean the whole front end is moving back and forth about 1/8th of an inch. Couldn't spot the point where it was giveing, any ideas? TIA!!

Cool, thanks, I am done for the day with the jeep, got a Dodge Truck master cylinder to do yet before dark... will check it tomorrow....on the bright side if it is a bushing, I have the donor vehicle with good ones on it :) .

Back