• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I was thinking about new shocks...

Cherokee Kid

NAXJA Forum User
while I was lookin at my Jeep I noticed how rusty and junky my old RE lift kit shocks looked, so I was thinking about maybe gettin some new ones. Now it has been quite a while since I've been in the game and I was wonder what's good right now. In aaddition how long should thoses shocks they give you from Rubicon Xpress last, I think they're called deutche tech.... Maybe some Edlebrocks...?
BTW its got a 3'' lift is that changes anything. Thanks.

Run of the mill shocks last about 50K miles. Better quality will last longer.

Do a search, there is more information about shocks here than you could possibly read in a week.

Michael

i ran RE monotubes for a while. i was satisfied with their performance. i now run bilsteins and couldn't be happier. i'd go with some bilstein 5125... you don't need 5150's for normal use. i remember hearing that the RE monotubes were just rebranded edelbrocks.

I had the DT3000s and was pretty happy with them. They were on my jeep for at least 30-40k and have been on my wifes for maybe another 20k. Still work great. I actually liked them better than the RE twin tubes I replaced them with.

My votes for Old Man Emu! the Nitrocharger shocks are a little smoother riding than even the Bilsteins. They are the best ride quality and durability for these setups IMO.

it all depends on how fancy you want to get and what your applications are. Rebuildable/revalvable shocks are always nice to have, then you can rebuild them when they need it, and tune them to your desired ride quality. They are a bit more expensive. The 5150s are not worth buying imo because for another $60 each you can get the 7100s.

Back