• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Part out or scrap?

nyxj42

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 94 xj sitting in the drive way 190,000 miles runs but i cant find the title to save my life.(was my dads dd till last month) Its got some valve train noise, leaks like a sieve from the rear main seal(I think), the front u-joints are shot, doors/rockers are a bit rusted out from the NY winters but the uni-body still seems strong where the suspension ties in. My question is, is it worth paying the $50 to get it retitled or is it worth more in scrap at this point, the trans and the 231 must be worth something, even the 8.25 and the hp30? Basicly I just want to know if its worth my time to part it out if i shouldnt retitle it.
thanx for any and all input.

I would love to but there are so few places to wheel it and the trails i do find my 99 dd does just fine, lots more comfortable to.

retitle and send me the title and bill for it and I'll take it??????????
:roll:

retitle it and save it for the blizzard you don't want to wreck your Jeep in???
:roflmao:

retitle it and save it for the kids when they turn 16 and want to borrow yours??
:wave1:

the common thread here is the retitle it part. you won't get squat for it at a salvage yard and there are enough schmucks out there (like me) that would enjoy having a spare to play with! I have found that life is MUCH more relaxing now that I've got enough vehicles that four could die and I would still be able to go to work and make the $$ to fix 'em! of course since everyone at work knows this, it's kinda tough to take a day off 'cuz the car won't start!:rattle:

good luck with it-- Shorty

Back