• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't believe I found this OEM Renix manual

Yah, it was posted before - but it's been a while, and your enthusiasm is forgiven. At least six months, I think...

You'll find that most of us here with RENIX rigs have them already, and I've been giving them away for the asking as well.

And, you may want to check my RENIXPower group as well (groups.yahoo.com/group/RENIXPower) - I'm trying to get a "meeting of the minds" together there. It's fairly low-traffic, but I'm trying to collect those of us who know the system...

cygnus58 said:
If this was posted before I apologize.
I found this tonite and it seems like a jackpot.

There are also some other interesting PDF files to get as well.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PDFs/
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PDFs/Jeep_Renix_Fuel_Injection_manual.pdf
hope this helps someone troubleshooting the Renix system.

cygnus58 said:
5?
you must have to really jump in and smell the glove at times...

Nah - I'm just a glutton for punishment.

IMO, I find the RENIX setup superior to OBD-I, and on par with OBD-II. It just doesn't have the aftermarket support (mainly due to CARB regs and limited use,) and techs don't like it because it can't throw a code and tell them what's wrong - it makes you think... I came up on pre-OBD systems anyhow, so I like to think! OBD has been wrong about half of the time I've had to deal with it anyhow...

cygnus58 said:

"So when the guitar wants to be louder, he just turns the dial to eleven. It's one louder."

"So why don't you just make ten louder?"

"These go to eleven. That's one louder."

That, and the "none more black" exchange I like. I should watch that movie again...

Gah - you just reminded me of a bar clock we used to have, and that I'd like to find again. It looked like a pocket watch about a foot across, numbered one through thirteen anticlockwise (but the hands still ran normally...) and it said in the middle "Have another."

AlabamaDan said:
So my 88 XJ is a Renix right? I should join your cult?
can you work a multi meter with one hand while standing on your head? minimum requirement, I know, but with that mastered you will feel the overwhelming urge to quote specs from Renix manuals to anyone and everyone who'll listen and test and check things that aren't broken just to see 'em function correctly. If you're in this position and like it.....:wantyou:

Back