• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Infinity sound system : need wiring diagram and infos

fangio76

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

First thing first : Hi everyone! All of you guys rock.
I have been reading for a while and many of you have already helped me a lot in the past...
I finally had to sign-up because I could not find info about the following matters ANYWHERE on the internet (and even the dealership is not cooperating). I hope you guys can help me out.

Here it goes :

I have been trying to upgrade my OEM Infinity sound system on my 1999 Cherokee Classic. It's got the two tweeters on the door sail (with "infinity" written above their grille), two 5,25" in the lower part of the door (which pump a nice line of mid-bass), and two dome 5,25" (wich have no bass whatsoever) in the rear.

- My OEM amp has these part numbers on it : 56007653AD 36670
how many watts is my factory amp? I hear it could be a 120W, a 240W or a 360W... does anyone know how to tell?

I don't mind the speakers, they sound pretty good as it is except for the rear ones which have no balls (and if by any chance it's been a puny 120W amp driving them all along, it means I can still get more out of them...) and with the twin 12" subs I put in the back last year the sound is already pretty "full"... Besides that, I went on to buy a 400W (4 channel) Audiobahn amp, and I am planning to use it to push the four 5,25" (front and rear), and keep the factory amp to run just the tweets...

The setup in the front (the 2 tweets + 2 door speakers) has obviously some kind of crossover to pass the highs to the tweets and the lows to the door speakers (which are probably just full-range speakers with a low-pass somewhere, which explains the nice mid-bass).

- My question is, are these filters wired-in at some point of the speaker harness or are they built-in crossovers within the amplifier?
The reasoning behind keeping the factory amp (as opposed to running everything out of the Audiobahn) is that I am lazy and if all the signal crossovers are built into the Infinity amp it would mean that to swap every speaker to the Audiobahn I would have to run the front channel in full-band and mess around with bass-blockers or low-pass filters or crossovers etc. (unless there are already filters somewhere in the factory speaker harness... 'cause that would change everything and I would just ditch the Infinity amp)....

Also :

I know the OEM speakers are 2 ohm and that the factory Infinity amp is a 4 channel with 6 speaker outputs (part# for the amp is . From what I understand the front tweets are not wired in series with the speakers in the lower part of the door, and there should be 6 pair of speaker output wires coming out of the amp. The amp is under the backseat (drivers side) and has 2 harnesses plugging into it (I am obviously assuming that one plug is the signal inputs plus the power, and the other is the speaker outputs); The first connector (from left to right if looking at the amp from outside the driver-side rear door) is a 14 pin with 12 wires in it (this should be the speaker output wires) and the second is a 10 pin with 9 wires in it, one of wich is the "typical" blue color of the remote-power wire.

What I need is the pin-out of these connectors with or without the complete wiring diagram for this sound system *that would really kick ass*

Thank you all in advance

Back