• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 pb booster fit a 90?

garryjav

NAXJA Forum User
a friend has a 90 with the pos abs on it. we can get parts from a wrecked 2000, will the booster and other parts work on it? i'v read on here that a 95 booster is better and fits but dooes that inculde all after 95?. i did search and found that write up a guy did on the swap but he used 91 parts i think.

Garry

As I recall, they started using a dual diaphragm booster ~1995 or so, and continued doing so until EOP.

Per my Wagner catalogue, the boosters for 1995-1996 and 1997-2001 are different, but they don't say how (just different part numbers.) That could mean two different sizes of diaphragm with the same mount, or different mounts with the same diaphragm - or any number of things. I haven't contacted them just yet to find out why they're different (I need to collate the lists before I can start writing those letters, and I'm dealing with vehicle manufacturers at the moment...

i did some checking on the advance auto site(should have just done that first) and your right the booster have a diffrent part # 3154 vs 3152 but the mc is the same. we are getting the 2000 parts free so i guess its worth a shot

garryjav said:
i did some checking on the advance auto site(should have just done that first) and your right the booster have a diffrent part # 3154 vs 3152 but the mc is the same. we are getting the 2000 parts free so i guess its worth a shot

I don't see any reason for them to have changed the mounting (because they'd then have to change punch dies for the firewall,) but what do I know? That's why I'm working to find out - and why I'm writing Swappology... There are an awful lot of questions like this out there, and no-one really has any answers gathered up in one place. I'm working to fix that...

Back