• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More starting woes....Please help.

wadewells

NAXJA Forum User
This friggin thing. Makes me want to pull my hair out...

Anyways...

1990 Jeep Cherokee. Stock.

I had starting issues with it a while back and posted then. All good info. THe truck cranks just will not turn over. Here what Ive replaced.

- CPS (2 times)
- Dist. / Cap / Rotor
- Fuel Filter
- Injectors (leaky old ones)

This is where the plot thickens. It will run completely fine for a few weeks. No drivability issues, everything works, no problems. Then out of nowhere, It just decides not to start. Ill let it sit for a day, sometimes as long as two weeks, change nothing, and it will start up again.

Its like a PMSing woman.

Any ideas?

-Wade

When it cranks but does not fire, do you have spark?

You mentioned that after it sat for a couple of days when you have the starting issue. That might indicate a fuel pressure leak somewhere in the line if that happens you can loose the prime on the system and it can be a pain to get the air out and get things running again. I've had it happen before on another vehicle, worth checking out at any rate. Hope that helps :)

Oh sorry misread your post there thought you said it was sitting then wouldnt start got it backwards. Let me think on that one :p

Last edited:
Back