• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

getting a lift tommorow

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
im planning on buying a 2 year old 6in Rustly lift kits, comes with springs, shocks, and rear leafs

the guy says it sits fine..sags a little but he said its warn it perfectly...

so im planning on taking his word for it and buying it tommorow

I have a 89xj, I know i need to get a SYE and change the rear driveshaft i think

im on a budget and would like to know what other things would be good to add or do when lifting it?

thanks

A lift kit more than 4 inches usually requires modifying the steering system and maybe getting some shims for the rear axle. I'd try getting a ZJ pitman arm (1 inch lower then the XJ pitman arm) and see how your steering angles are. Then modify accoringly. And as you probably already know, the SYE requires a new rear DS. I'd check the length you need and check the XJ front driveshaft to see if it will fit. If it is too small take a look at a ZJ front DS, i think they are about an inch longer...

sye

i went and bought the tom woods sye kit when i lifted mine and never used it. i did 6.5" with 35's and my angles are still great. i have wheeled it regularly and its my daily driver. i would suggest getting the lift on then checking your angles you may not need it.

Back