• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum line and a general tech question

sparkchaserXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Saturday I went to get a new battery. The old one was ancient or at least looked it. While installing the new battery, I noticed that a vacuum line that ran between the battery and fender had corroded so bad it was severed.

Anyone know what this line is for?

I looked in the Haynes manual and it was no help which leads me to my second question:

Is there a good repair manual out there? I'm coming from the world of BMW and the BMW manual by Bentley Publishing is the best out there for BMWs. Does a really good manual exist for Jeeps?

Thanks in advance.

-Rob

from what I've read on here it seems that the fsm (factory service manual) is the best. search on here for where to get one, or try ebay.

That line goes to the vacuum canister located under the front passenger side bumper. It's about the size of a softball and black. And yes you want to make sure it's hooked up.

Yes, the Chrysler FSM is the best.

Good to know it wasn't something vital. I don't have cruise and when I took it for a test drive, the air blew very cold. Anyhoo, it's being repaired now. Then I get to move onto other things like the possible RMS leak and the lurching.

I'll look on eBay for a manual. Are 93's and 95's clsoe enough that I can use one of those FSMs?

Back