• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch problems...

Reichy

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys ive been having some clutch problems ever since i took a swim in a big mud whole. I went to tuttle orv park near randolph ks, and hit some mud to start off the day. after getting pulled out of the mud whole i drove down to the lake and started having clutch problems. it started to not want to go into gear. my clutch pedal is not as strong as it was. it seems its not pulling it self off the flywheel. i drove threw tuttle creak for a while tryen to clean it out. i got it cleaned out and it ran fine. now when i got home the next day it stated to act up again. i took my hose and sprayed out the bellhousing. some dirt came out but not much. that didnt do anyting so i bled the clutch system checkn to see if there was any air in the system. after i did that it worked great, but when i would go for a drive down the street it wouldnt let me get it in and out of gear. so i took it to a car wash and power washed the bell housing hoping to get some more gunk out. then i went home and rebled. worked great for awhile. but now it wont go in and out of gear. the clutch pedal is real soft. i have a meeting comeing up on the 12th back in randolph. im hopen to get it fixed by then. all sugestions are welcome. thanks.

Heres the mud.

IMAG0038.jpg

im am going to say u might have a cracked line, or even try to tighten everything again.

When bleeding the clutch, jack up the back of the jeep as much as possible if you have an external clutch slave. They are almost built and mounted to keep air in.

Back