• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alternative to bench bleeding ?

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
:repair: this whole ABS/booster swap has been a freeking nightmare, and well.....i made it worse it seems. i am a true dumbass :dunce: and forgot the whole bench bleeding process. what are my options aside from removing the master cyl and or the whole booster itself ? can i just loosen the the lines on the prop valve and do it in the jeep? can i loosen the bleeders at the wheels and and pump the air out the long way?

anything but removing it pleeeeeeeease! :bawl:

thanks in advance.

just pull the lines going into the MC and bench bleed as normal, just have someone hitting the pedal instead of you actuating the piston by hand, then bleed all four wheels as normal, you'll be ok :D

mojojojo said:
:repair: this whole ABS/booster swap has been a freeking nightmare, and well.....i made it worse it seems. i am a true dumbass :dunce: and forgot the whole bench bleeding process. what are my options aside from removing the master cyl and or the whole booster itself ? can i just loosen the the lines on the prop valve and do it in the jeep? can i loosen the bleeders at the wheels and and pump the air out the long way?

anything but removing it pleeeeeeeease! :bawl:

thanks in advance.

You can do it in the vehicle as long as the master cylinder is level. If it's not, you'll be there awhile and it still won't work.

Remove the lines and use the plugs. Have the pumper start slow and short and then gradually increase the length of the stroke until you see no more bubbles.

Back