• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mopar header?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
I searched,but couldn't find the answer i was looking for as far as comparing to other headers.I am looking for performance vs stock exhaust and quality/durablity problems/issues for the mopar header. a friend sold me one for a VERY good price,and I am debating installing it on my 92 cherokee or just selling it on flea bay. opinions needed please.

cjben said:
I searched,but couldn't find the answer i was looking for as far as comparing to other headers.I am looking for performance vs stock exhaust and quality/durablity problems/issues for the mopar header. a friend sold me one for a VERY good price,and I am debating installing it on my 92 cherokee or just selling it on flea bay. opinions needed please.

Here's a quote from GoJeeps website, "Here are some headers available to those in the USA including the headers sold by Mopar which are made by Mike Leach which are the best design out there as rather than 6 into 2 they go 6 into 3 and then into 2. This is the best design even if a bit shorter than mine but have just heard that they may no longer be available."

I6header_small.jpg

GoJeeps exhaust write-up

GoJeep home page

Hope that helps.

They have a tendency to hit the front driveshaft if you flex it up too much. I've had one installed for years. It's a nice header, but cost me far more than the performance gains were worth. I doubt there are any of higher quality. The only issue I know of is the tendency for the downpipe flange to interfere with the front driveshaft. I'm at 3.5" of lift with occasional wheeling and it hasn't been a problem.

Fred

TNT said:
Here's a quote from GoJeeps website, "Here are some headers available to those in the USA including the headers sold by Mopar which are made by Mike Leach which are the best design out there as rather than 6 into 2 they go 6 into 3 and then into 2. This is the best design even if a bit shorter than mine but have just heard that they may no longer be available."

I6header_small.jpg

GoJeeps exhaust write-up

GoJeep home page

Hope that helps.

Mike Leach stuff available from Kevin's

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/exhaust.html

Back