• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flex Plate Bolts.

salvage yard or dealer-- I'm sure it would be possible to find correct strength and thread pitch elsewhere, but I wouldn't waste the time to try (difficult to get them with the shallow bolt head and would cause an inbalance if ya just ground them down)
--Shorty

They are 1/2"-20 x .590". Problem is, they're a "place bolt," and not the easiest thing to find.

ARP has a kit for Pontiac that will work - I don't recall the part number offhand, but it's a set of six with the correct thread and length.

Just went and looked - you should want #200-2904

Go to the dealer and get the bolts. They are not a part that you'll want to skimp on. The correct bolts are matched by weight so vibration will not be an issue with them. Use the right bolts and the right torque. If you use the wrong ones, you are looking for a premature failure of your flexplate. Not a easy job that a few dollars could have helped.

Back