• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&T Rock-Runner Front Bumper

EvanH

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys

I posted up about a week ago asking about DIY bumpers. Well now I am back asking if anyone has ever fabbed up something like the T&T Rock-Runner Front Bumper.

http://www.tntcustoms.com/webv5/xjRockRunnerFrontBumper.asp

(More or less the one in the middle)

Now I am not gonna be going at this until I can get ahold of my cousin who is a welder, but I would like to see what some of you have come up with that is similar. Does anyone know the specs on the bumper?

you can search the picture forum, here is my latest creation, made from 3/16 plate, 1.75" x .120" dom and 1.25"x.120" dom, and some .375" plate doubled up and .250 plate sandwiched between for tow points.
IMG_0382.jpg

EvanH said:
Yeah, f**k pm's... right?
yeah, wouldn't want to clutter up this highly technical thread now would we?? Get to building it already or stop being lazy and search around the MILLIONS of homebuilt bumper threads, I have helped all that I am willing to, good luck.
coyote I pm'd you to keep the sandy nay nay to a minimum

sorry evan, didnt mean to hi-jack
but since ur getting all crabby over technicalities, how about re-posting this thread in adv. fab/engineering....where it belongs??
just a thought

XJ Coyote said:
sorry evan, didnt mean to hi-jack
but since ur getting all crabby over technicalities, how about re-posting this thread in adv. fab/engineering....where it belongs??
just a thought

Why would you think a bumper is advanced fab? Maybe it's beginner fab or maybe it's moderately skilled fab.

Don't jump on the bandwagon. :conceited

LOL what bandwagon?
I dont think a bumper is advanced, but i also dont see the link to the beginner/moderately skilled fabrication forum so............

I was just under the impression that fabbing a bumper would generaly be classified as fabrication, and not modification....
but I guess I could be wrong :dunno:

Back