• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fire North of Riverkern

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Don't know anything official about it yet but as of about 3.00pm it was about 10 miles North of Riverkern and growing.

Another of "us" was up there, sorry man I forget your name, hope you're doing alright!

We were camping about 4 miles North of the fire! Saw the planes doing their scouting runs and kept my eyes on the horizon, when I saw smoke (about the same time the planes honed in) I told the girls let's pack up ;)

Anyway, just a heads up.

PS.

The M416 came in handy again ;)

June+2007_+Kern+River+85.jpg

GSequoia, Seen anything like this while you were there?

The fire is believed to be human-caused, and the U.S. Forest Service is looking for “persons of interest” seen leaving the Goldledge Campground north of Kernville Sunday in a white Chevy S-10 pickup. People with information on the whereabouts of the truck and driver can call the Forest Service at (559) 294-4894.

RobertF said:
GSequoia, Seen anything like this while you were there?

The fire is believed to be human-caused, and the U.S. Forest Service is looking for “persons of interest” seen leaving the Goldledge Campground north of Kernville Sunday in a white Chevy S-10 pickup. People with information on the whereabouts of the truck and driver can call the Forest Service at (559) 294-4894.
Nope, the starting point was to the South of me, about four - five miles or so and I was at camp the whole day. By the time we rolled on out the route South was closed (this was 2.30p) so we headed North.

We did head South a couple miles to the dumpster to drop our trash and took a few photos.

June+2007_+Kern+River+48.jpg

PS - As soon as I saw a Person of INterest story I made sure to read the hell outta it. Since I was in the region and all I was hopeing it wouldn't say "Gold Jeep Cherokee with military trailer" :D

Back