• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mystery CLUNK

VinceYJ

NAXJA Forum User
So everytime my front passenger side hits a bump I feel and hear a clunking in the floor of the truck....No play in the steering aside from the draglink/knuckle mount. Would this cause that clunk over bumps?
If not any idears? Balljoint?

i have the exact same problem, and i cant figure out wtf it is. ive taken the whole front suspension and steering setup apart and put it back in, and it still does it. let me know if you find out what the problem is!

Even check to make sure the swaybar end is not hitting the coil spring.

1) My control arms are RK ones with the rod-ends....I hope they aren't bad already they are only a year old.
2) My drag-link (bent) hits the sway-bar mount and disconnect...but only when turning.
I will check the shock bushings tommorow as well as the mounts. I doubt it's a motor or tranny mount but I will look.

Make sure the jam nuts on the control arms are TIGHT. There is a decent chance it's that joint, depending on how much you drive it. Rod Ends are not known to last too long, they are just strong.

If you have recovery hooks in the front, make sure the bolts throught the subframe are tight, otherwise they'll rub on the swaybar.

my guess would be motor mount or loose trackbar

Back