• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Still searching for the kids XJ

bl87xj

NAXJA Forum User
This one is about a 2hr drive.

The ad reads:
Great High School or College Car. Runs great, needs paint job, interior seating in excellent condition, 4dr, 4wd, AC new, AM/FM Cassette, Automatic

I e-mailed a few basic questions and got the following reply:
It's just a plain white boxy jeep Cherokee. The paint job is the original so it's not incredibly shiny, but there are no major flaws, just some smudges and a few scratches from parking lot rubs. The break pads should be changed soon, but not other mechanical issues. We have taken care of the rest. No leaks. Goodyear in El Cajon has done close to $2500 in repairs on it and we had a new transmission installed when we first got it a year and a half ago. It has new ac/heat, defrost is a bit weak, but heat takes care of any fogging, new timing belt, power steering, tires, elecrtic, radiator, fan clutch and a few cables. It is registered and passed a smog test on 6-9-06. There are 189000 miles on it, but that is before all of our improvements. The frame is like a tank and there is no carpet flooring on the inside. It was a too messy when we got the car so we tore it out with the intention of putting some kind of rhino lining in, but we never got to it. Just a few cosmetic things, but it would be a great teenager car and pretty dependable now.

Asking price is $1k. No pics available, Should I make the 2 hr. drive?

i work in sd i can check it out if its not 2 far outa the way.

Troy works in Santee/Lakeside and might be able to give it the once over.
But for 1K, if the critter runs, its probably worth it.
I'm sure you could find what you need to fix it up around here. Heck...there is a used truck lot in Lakeside that had eight or so Cherokees the last time I was over there. You could get the carpet from them.

Rick

That sounds almost like the one I have for sale.
guess its not whatcha want.

Back