• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator/Electric Fan questions

Garst1323

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if there are any write ups on converting to an open system, I searched and couldn't find anything.

Also is there a writeup on converting to electric fans and eliminating the mechanical fan?

I am replacing my radiator and need a new radiator and want to go to strictly electric fans.

Also is there anywhere you can purchase the small lines that go into the radiator ?

Thanks
AJ

I know that if you are lucky you can find the small lines that go into the radiator at an autozone or something like that. That is one of those deals of sometimes they will have and sometimes they wont.

How broke is your cooling system? The closed system is superior to the open system given you have ALL the parts in proper working order.

And for e-fans I run dual taurus AUX fans. They fit the rad decently, enough that my ramsey 8k fits below them (under the rad). No point having the fan hang over the rad, unless you're going to run some serious shrouds. I did have to move the rad forwards about 2" to make them clear the accessory drive.

I don't have a fan controller. The switches are under the hood. It's stupid, but I only wheel the truck so it doesn't matter.

P1010498.jpg

P1010500.jpg

I mounted them to a frame that allows them to slip into the stock lower mounts. The upper rad support was notched a bit. Basically bolt in.

I have several write ups showing how to convert to twin electrics on my site. You must make sure you have 2500 CFM of higher to replace the mechanical fan.
www.go.jeep-xj.info

Back