• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No start XJ

BlazerBuddy88

NAXJA Forum User
hello everyone I have a 1987 jeep cherokee 4x4 4.0L inline 6 for the past three days I have this problem. It wouldn`t start one day so I thought it was low on gas so I put 5 gallons in it and still wouldn`t start so I switched relays around and it started. it was running fine for awhile until the memorial day weekend I went away for the weekend and came back and it wouldn`t start. So I was fiddling around with it and I sprayed some staring fluid in the intake and it would fire up. and it would start up every time after that until I would let it sit over night then I would have to the same thing over again. Now today I went to start it and of course it wouldn`t so I sprayed some starter fluid and tried it but noting. so now I went through the diagnostic process and found that it didn`t have spark. I tested the coil and igition controll module which are both fine, replaced the cap and rotor and it stil wont start. now I am out of ideas and if any one has run into this problem or has any ideas help would be greatly appreciated.

Back