• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Funky business with computer

northernxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '01 jeep cherokee. About two and a half months ago I was driving down some flooded seasonal roads (about 4 feet of snow melted in two days). I got a cel and a code 25 when doing to tripmeter button and key trick, as well as a rough idle and mis fire. I cleaned everything up IAC, intake, etc. And had some one clear the code. recently I got stuck in some ruts and had water just above the doors on the driver's side only, got water in the carpet and what not. Later that day, the jeep runs like hell and is misfiring like crazy. I check it out with the key method, code 25 again. I look at it with someone and a high end shop scanner, nothing referring to IAC or AIS, only mis fires. new plugs... no misfires but still roudh idle. Any ideas? Maybe I just need to replace the IAC. Thanks guys

Shorty said:
I'd throw plugs, wires, cap and rotor at it before I changed the IAC-- make sure the ignition system is 100% before going any deeper.
--Shorty

Distributeless ignition....2001
Aquafoam in TB and fuel, maybe the injectors...I'd try to blow the crap out with Aquafoam before I did the rest.

Not to sure what you are talking about with that code 25 there, but you can not get the codes off the ODO on a 01. You can however do a guage check by exactly the method you described. The only way to get them is with a DBRIII scanner which you said you did. However you failed to mention what the codes where. You did say there was a misfire code, but there are several codes for misfires.

There were just multiple cyclinder misfires. I did pull a code 25 off the odometer, it was 25 dirty or bad connection with the IAC, I cleaned it up, it was all good. Then I got the jeep stuck and it sat in water for probably 45 minutes and acted up again. Could I have a bad 02 sensor? That would have come up those with the codes on the scanner though wouldn't it?

Back