• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weld or not weld

rabbit

NAXJA Forum User
is it worth welding the 35 or not
looking at locker but with low budget can i just weld and still be happy with results or will it just break

33 12.5 4.5 bs 4.5 roughcounterylift 3.55 gears

Dont put any kind of locker OR gears in the dana35..Hell, dont put any knid of money at all into it. I blew mine up on 32s on the street, with a 4 banger 5 speed. The axle is just weak. Ide look for a 29 spline 8.25 from a junkyard, or even a Dana44...than start from there.

We locked the D35 non c-clip in a friend of mines MJ a few weeks ago. Its held up to one wheeling trip so far. However we did weld it up knowing that it can/will break easily but there is an 8.8 in its future anyways.

I wouldn't weld one up with c-clips, at least with a non c-clip you can get it off the trail with a broken shaft.

I have a 35 with a full exo 33x12.5-15 w/ weld on bead locks and loc rite. no boom yet. I do beat on it. I also have a spare 44 ready to go when this eats it. If your on a budget weld it, but know that it may go boom at any time.

Ide liek to see the guy with the full exo and the "ready to go in 44" If I had a dana44 thats "ready to go in" im pretty sure..it would be in. especially if I had all the time to put it on 33s and do an exo

Why the tone. The 44 is ready the trussed 30 is not and hydro is going to be hear on tuesday. the jeep is on the rack and not coming off till all the work is done. Iam in the vegas area so we done wheel much in the summer. So its getting hyro assist, the 44 w/ 4.88s and a well truss 30 with alloys. Both will have aussie locker.The 44 will have disc also.

gorp said:
I have a 35 with a full exo 33x12.5-15 w/ weld on bead locks and loc rite. no boom yet. I do beat on it. I also have a spare 44 ready to go when this eats it. If your on a budget weld it, but know that it may go boom at any time.
you came off like some kid giving a worthless comment , you say you have a spare 44 ready for when the 35 'eats it'

you did not say the jeep was apart, getting the new axles.... So are you still riding around on the 35 locked and stock gears or is the jeep under construction? :kissyou:

wow Iam 40 the axle is ready the steering died last week and know is the time. Yes it has had a 35 for years with the exo and the bead lock. Its never failed so why pull it out. Its only on pavement to the trail. I got a deal some time back for the 44. Its on the bench with gears in disc brake bracket ready to weld on truss tacked in place. Sorry I did not explain all the details.The axles have 4.56 and Iam going to 4.88s.

Weld it! even if you dont do anything with it... just weld it for the fun of welding and its good practice.

thats just my opinion.

but i also weld for fun when i get bored.

I get enough welding in as it is! When i get off work, welding is the last thing i want to do, i pretty much go through a spool of wire a day, if not more!

Back