• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

auxiliary (electrical) fan replacement options?

altierior

NAXJA Forum User
my auxiliary fan (also known as electrical fan) self-destructed yesterday. :flamemad:
i am about to head out to some boneyards to find a new one. of course, i may not find a 2000 XJ that hasn't been totalled in a front-end collision. so i need options. can anyone tell me what other vehicles and years i should look for which have the same fan?

97-01 All have the same style fan. The earliers will fit, but they don't pull quite as much air. Only the Cherokee had that kind of fan in it. SO you can pretty much avoid bothering anything else. If you happen across a 5.9ltr ZJ grab the fan, and the hood vents to sell. I'm sure you could get $50-$60 out of the fan, and $30-$40 from the vents.

scoobyxj said:
97-01 All have the same style fan. The earliers will fit, but they don't pull quite as much air. Only the Cherokee had that kind of fan in it. SO you can pretty much avoid bothering anything else.
thanks for the valuable advice. i already have a problem with overheating (as i gather many of us do), so i will avoid the older ones.
scoobyxj said:
If you happen across a 5.9ltr ZJ grab the fan, and the hood vents to sell. I'm sure you could get $50-$60 out of the fan, and $30-$40 from the vents.
thanks for the entrepreneurial advice! :D

Back