• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 truss

I have searched for this before, and I haven't found any company that sells a truss for that axle. I might be making one sooner or later(probably later). Depending on how smooth it goes, I may make a few more sets and sell them.

Dug this one out while searching. I want to truss my 8.25 that I'm building but have not found any pics.

CanMan did you ever build yours?

I have some questions for anyone who has trussed a 8.25.

Super 8 1/4 kit too..

If you had a HD cover, you could easily design one like this 8.8 BTF truss. With the right metal and tools of course. They make one for d35's but no 8.25, weird.

FORD8.8_POP.jpg

RyanM said:
If you had a HD cover, you could easily design one like this 8.8 BTF truss. With the right metal and tools of course. They make one for d35's but no 8.25, weird.

FORD8.8_POP.jpg

I have the RuffStuff covers that I plan on tieing into, I will be running a 29 spline with Yukon shafts and a welded diff. I also plan on relocating the shock mounts, welding the tubes and shaving the housing of course.

Do I need to make a fixture to keep everything in alignment when i weld it? I plan on stitch welding everything alternating sides.

How far out on the tubes do I need to go?

Can I tie into the spring perches?

IMO, you're on the right track. I Haven't heard of anyone doing considerable welding on these, so I would def do what you said, In stitching, going slow, and switching sides, as to not warp it.

I would design it like TNT's stuff (all the way out the perch) but add the HD cover tie in as mentioned.

Ruff Stuff has a truss that will work. I bought one of their hvy dty ones and it works fine.

Back