• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME939 4" TJ coils

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
Will these give an XJ exactly 4" of lift?
I found them and I'm looking at a 4" lift... any know know?
TIA

I think that TJ and XJ coils have different spring rates...so the lift amounts wont be the same from one to another, but I am not sure which way it works...

RobertF said:
I've found stock XJ coils lift a TJ 1.5 inches, so I think you could subtract that from the TJ coils on a XJ.

Hmmm.... so 5.5" TJ coils would give the XJ 4" of lift...

Is the coil spring rate different though????

I can only speak for OME springs as I have a catalogue with all the specs - the TJ springs definately have a lower spring rate than an XJ's. Unfortunately I have my catalogue at work, so can't give you the exact specs until tomorrow.

I'll take a rough guess however, from what I remember the TJ has a front coil spring rate of 140lb while the XJ's front coils have a spring rate of 160lb.

hm, same kinda question, i just got 5.5"tj coils for my xj, i was hoping it would be right near 4.5 or 4 as i have the winch too

gorman said:
I can only speak for OME springs as I have a catalogue with all the specs - the TJ springs definately have a lower spring rate than an XJ's. Unfortunately I have my catalogue at work, so can't give you the exact specs until tomorrow.

I'll take a rough guess however, from what I remember the TJ has a front coil spring rate of 140lb while the XJ's front coils have a spring rate of 160lb.

Thanks, I need about 3.5- 4" springs but want a heavy spring rate. 200-250 lbs I may just wind up buying a longer spring and cutting it to get the rate and length right.

Got hold of my OME catalogue. There are no OME 939 springs. The closest to that are the OME 949 springs for a TJ, but they are for the rear of a TJ, so won't be of much help.

A pair of 939's were tested on my MJ, It's been a while but I think initial results for lift hight were about the same as the 934 ZJ springs on there now, so both provided roughly 3" on an XJ/MJ IIRC, if you trust my memory...;)

the 934's are rated at 180 lbf/in.

Rocky Road has the same OME coils as everyone else that sells OME. The coils they use in their 5" Trailblazer lift (3" coil & 2" spacer) are the OME 934's.

Back