• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is My jeep possessed?

seven

Subluxation Based
So for the last two weeks I have had the dash go "weird" on me. I will just be driving down road when I will notice Engine light go on along with air bag light along with all my guages stop working and then in the Odometer it will read "no bus" Everytime it has happened I have air conditioning on level 1. It does not effect engine or anything else. And it goes away if I turn the air conditioning level to 4. after turning it to 4 it all goes away and becomes normal again and I put the level back to 1. I am baffled and wonder if the odometer reading "no bus" is trying to tell me something. This is on a 99 sport with 4.0 and auto. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks

Same thing has happened to me. Two or three times actually.

I just give the top of the dash a good ol' American smack and it comes back immediately.

Probably just a loose connection.

I'd fix it but I have recurring memories about how terrible dash removal and re-installation is....

I bet the A/C fan level is just a quincadence. The NO BUSS message is a slightly common problem, and you can find info on fixing it if you search. Basically it is the connector on the back of the cluster getting corroded, and loosing contact. You can clean it, or buy a kit from the dealer to replace it. If you choose to buy the new connector you had better be good a soldering cause there is a lot to be done.

You Jeep IS possessed. You need a Witchdoctor, two chickens, 4 feet of waterline and a left handed rubber ducky. Luck :)

RichP said:
The 97+ XJ's have a problem with the two self docking connectors behind the gauge panel. Pull the gauge panel and clean both the plugs and the sockets. When I did my 98 I 'tweaked' the pins just a hair, the tweak was so little that you could not really tell they were tweaked, this let them make sturdier contact with the self docking plugs. I also used dielectric grease. Disconnect your battery when you do this then reconnect it.

Back