• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rivet tool and rivets?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Going to be chop and fold my lower 1/4 panels and add some upper 1/4 armor to the sides. I am wondering whats a good cheap rivet gun or tool to get? Also what type rivets do I need to use?

Use SS rivets. pneumatic's make life easier and creates a tighter cinch. But they are bulky. Just get both kinds.

i used stainless for mine, and just get a cheap Harbor Freight one it'll ge the job done.

I mostly use aluminum rivets, 3/16". They are easy to install with a small rivet gun from Home Depo, or you can get a big one that will do up to 1/4" rivets from Harbor Freight. I like aluminum rivets because they are easy to drill out and remove if you need to. It's quicker it drill out an aluminum rivet than it is to undo a small bolt. They do break now and then, however, if they are in a more stressful spot, so if you don't think you'll be removing them then use the SS. All of my body panel protection is held on with 3/16" aluminum rivets.

Back