• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Window Problems 93 XJ

shelbydodge

NAXJA Forum User
All the articles for power window problems are for 1997 and newer XJs. I have the same problem on my 1993 XJ with operating my power windows from the drivers side switch only. I want to try and bypass the lock out switch like so many have on the 97 and newer xjs.

Is there a way to do this?

PLEASE HELP! My pass front window is stuck down and won't go up from any switch. All other windows work from the drivers door switch only.

I'm dying here, HELP!!!

It is probably not a switch issue. The power window regulator/motor has gone bad. However, check your connections at the motor for corrosion. Also, a slim chance of just a bad spot on the motor itself. Try tapping on the motor body with a hammer.

Good Luck.

I will try that. All the power windows only work from the drivers door switch.

Thats why I think it has to do with that cut out switch in the drivers door but I am unsure.

On my 97 it was the lock out switch. The windows would only work at each door switch. With your other windows working at the driver's door , I would not think it is the lock out. But with it being a 93 it may be wired differently.

Also ,you might want to use a test light to see if if you are getting power at the window switch and than at the motor.
Test lights are cheap (under 10 bucks NAPA) and are easy to use. Even for the electrically challanged (Me).
Good luck.

Back