• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Pump

Mike from Chile

NAXJA Forum User
Fi guys,
Two years ago, I experienced a problem with the gasoline meter needle...it definit was crazy and just went full up when Tank was full. After a few miles came up and down until it fell to cero. Service explained that this occurred when jeeping with little gas on the tank and pump "breath" air. I replace the pump (expensive), but 6 month later without jeeping at all, the warning light for less gas turned on. I went further 2 miles to fill the tank and 2 days later the problem came again until today.
Is it normal that to happend? Is it possible to repair the pump?
Thanks

There is a sender attached to the pump, it's a known problem, in 97's they recalled them for the problem. It was supposed to be fixed, knowing the bean counters in DC/Jeep they might have sent all those bad senders outside the country where the recalls are not govt controlled which would suck. I drive by my odometer, my pump is fine but the sender does not work anywhere near correctly.

Back