• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front bumpers

BigPoppaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
after much thought and decisions im just gonna go with a non winch bumper. i was originally gonna try to set up a cheap way to get a winch on but didnt like any of the ways, now im just gonna go ahead a buy a nice bumper with all the goodies on it. im looking for a bumper with a 2 inch reciever, d hooks, light tabs, possibly brush guard and nice design. i dont want to miss any companies so im asking everyone for a compiled list of all the front bumpers around 200-350 price range also pics of it and/ or on your jeep would be cool thanks

ass006.jpg

i got a JCR bumper and it looks nice i havent had time to test it out but ive heard nothing but good things about JCR
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=XJB

jcrprerunner004.jpg

jcrprerunner009.jpg

You can get a 2in. reciever on this bumper. It is a JCR Prerunner. May be a bit out of your price range. I had to save and save for this, but I'm happy.

Crap I just went on Tellico4x4 and got a warrior bumper for less than 200 bucks shipped to my door. I plan on adding my own dring tabs and lights in a couple of weeks. I'll post a pic tomorrow after installing the steering.

I looked at the JCR, but im going with the RIGIDCO. It has a little better look to it IMHO. The JCR is very flat, whereas the RIGIDCO has a little more shape to it. Plus there mounting system cant be beat! Check them out

i like those jcr bumpers alot, and i might go with that prerunner bumper. the warrior bumper would be perfect if it had a hitch on the front. the rigidco is a tad bit expensive for me but im digging it too. i guess ill be lookin into buyin the jcr bumpers

XJsurf said:
Crap I just went on Tellico4x4 and got a warrior bumper for less than 200 bucks shipped to my door.
I looked at these and thought they might be a little light for my needs. Is it a closed tube bumper or open in the back?

The JCR bumper is very heavy duty and well made. Glad I went with them.

take a look at jcr

$265 is ridgids cheapest http://www.rigidco.com/FbLTD.htm

i talked to terry about the fbw, he said if moved forward 1 1/4" i could fit a Warn M8000, MM E9000, behind it and make a hidden winch bumper.

also a must check out is jcr http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=XJB
if your wiling to spend the $350 you mentioned as you top end price you have TONS of choices at JCR

lastly please call or email aj and see what he can get you for $350

http://ajsoffroadarmor.com/

cant go wrong with any of those shops and one of them will definatley have something you like for a good price that is sweet and will hold up. I love those shops

yea, that JCR is nice...but its $300 BEFORE you add in anything. After adding in the drings, side protectiong and reciever...not to mention the tie in kit, its almost $460!

ratherbcamping said:
I looked at these and thought they might be a little light for my needs. Is it a closed tube bumper or open in the back?

The JCR bumper is very heavy duty and well made. Glad I went with them.

No it's open in the back. I plan on taking it to a friend that will weld d ring mounts to. For the cost I figured I can beat that. JCR bumpers are sick though.

Rigidco, best mounting bumper out there and IMHO the best looking:

newxj11.jpg

100_6863.jpg

ZachMan said:
Rigidco, best mounting bumper out there and IMHO the best looking:

newxj11.jpg

100_6863.jpg

What height is your XJ at and what tire size are you running? I'm looking into either a 5.5" lift kit or 6.5" lift kit, and are you happy with your current brand? thanks

Make it yourself that way you get to incorporate everything you like about each one you have seen. Then you will have something really unique unlike anythig any person on this forum or any other can buy.

Build it and you have a built Jeep..........Buy it and anyone can do that to their Jeep.

i might be not gettin the 2 inch reciever so i might just go with something a tad bit cheaper but im gonna check out everything tomorow. thanks for all the ideas keep em coming. no way i can make one myself, i hardly even trust any of the work on my jeep as it is. i wouldnt trust my welds enough plus no welder. id rather pay for a professionaly welder to take care of it. believe me i wish i can weld

Last edited:
I went with the JCR stage 2; D-rings, receiver and tie in brackets. I think it was about $350 to my door, including the rattle cans. I liked the slim line look w/out the wrap around ends. Fit my needs to a T and I was very happy with the construction and fit. Paint job is questionable, a few bugs, dog hairs and some small runs in it… but no one to blame but myself for that!

I also liked the Rock Monitor bumper but went JCR due to its closed tube construction. I do mostly beach driving so sand/salt wash down is a primary concern. I did not like the open back where crap could accumulate and be hard to wash out.

Back