• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hose ID and replacement help

TMXONR

NAXJA Forum User
I just got done replacing the upper radiator hose and coolant resivor so I have been paying real close attention to the hoses latley. I noticed that the hose that is right below the upper radiator hose on the front of the engine may have sprung a leak. The other day I noticed a few drops of something on it, I wiped them off and they came back. I checked this morning and they were back, I wiped them off, and headed to the park to fly my RC Heli. I got back home and noticed a larger amount of spray on the hose and could see some liquid forming where the two hoses sit together. What is this hose and how do I replace it. It has abunch of what look like press fittings on it, so it seems like I would have to replace the whole setup. I did notice that the previous owner had replaced anothe hose that is on the other side of the upper radiator hose. It looks like they just cut the old hose, slid a piece of hard tube inside the good part of the old hose and slid the new hose over that. Could I do this, What is in the hose, will I have to refill my coolant system again. Here are some pics.

DSC04803.jpg

DSC04806.jpg

You can see in this pic, by my thumb where the splice is that I am talking about on the other hose, and you can see where the leaking hose connects to.
DSC04804.jpg

Thanks

Back