• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aux fan is squealing like a pig.....

Runnin'OnEmpty

NAXJA Forum User
I had a big scare the other day when the outside temps were about 97 degrees. The XJ started squealing like a pig, and at first I thought it was coming from the transmission. Then I remembered that the aux fan had probably come on, and that was the source of the noise.

Has anyone had any luck with disassembling these fan motors, and greasing the bearings?

If not, what's a good source for a new fan? My 96 already has the new curved style fan blades.

Thanks,
Runnin'On Empty
:wave1:

phone around, good stores(napa, autozone, ect) have good fans, when u phone ask for price and product band, then check on internet on Google or yahoo see if there any bad reviews or good one.

I bought a Hayden 10" for my XJ, and it work great even with the a/c on.

Put the Hayden from Advance in mine - factory was shot, kept overheating at stand-still with the A/C on. Put the new Hayden in 3 weeks ago, and no problems, even with 100 degree weather...

I found a Dorman brand direct replacement; motor, fan and shroud, from RockAuto. It was about 86 bucks, compared to almost $200 from a dealer.

I'll post back when it comes in. From what I've read, Dorman is a well-respected name in auto parts.....

got one on ebay for about 33 bucks brand new so far so good hooked it up to a batt charger before installing it and it moved alot of air.seems to have cured my overheating prob

I had a similar problem with my '99 fan. Got a 10 blade direct replacement assenbly from Quadra-tec for $100..... After taxes and shipping.

Back