• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving to SoCal

MauriceGOL

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Ok guys, I posted this a few weeks ago but I found out that I will be working at locations throughout socal (San Diego, LA, OC, south Ventura and West Riverside counties) So I thought I would look for a place to stay in Orange County, anywhere from HB to Garden Grove on down to Orange. Does anyone know of a fairly cheap 1 bed room apt or know of anyone who needs a roommate with cheap rent? Not looking to spend more than 1000 a month. Thanks guys
Greg

You probably won't find anything in OC for that $$$.

Roommate is probably the only option.

The Orange County Register (local paper) online classifieds ads has a cool search...you select what ever cities you want, # bedrooms, type of housing (apt, townhome, condo, house) and the lowest price range is 500-999 per month. I just got 8 results found.
Here is a link (hope it works)
http://classified.ocregister.com/Classified/searchRERent.jsp?

Now I'll probably catch sh1t for helping another person move here to already overcrowded OC but if you own an XJ we'll let you in.

Baja Curt

JohnX said:
You probably won't find anything in OC for that $$$.

Roommate is probably the only option.

no, its doable. johnny is paying less than a grand I think and about 3 years ago, I was paying about $1040 for a 1 bedroom and 2 car garage in a NICE complex and good neighborhood. Just search on craigslist, ocregister.com, rentalliving.com, recycler.com, pennysaverusa.com etc

djblade311 said:
no, its doable. johnny is paying less than a grand I think and about 3 years ago, I was paying about $1040 for a 1 bedroom and 2 car garage in a NICE complex and good neighborhood. Just search on craigslist, ocregister.com, rentalliving.com, recycler.com, pennysaverusa.com etc

I thought OC was supposed to be the highest around?

You can get a roach infested crap hole around me for about $700. If you want something with any "newness or niceness", or in a better neighborhood, then you're talking $1k for a 1 bedroom apt.

I guess maybe its not as bad as I've heard?

you can for sure find a room to rent for under 1000/mo, or prob split a two bedroom apt for that much - and yes, oc is pretty much the highest around, i would check irvine and so. oc
good luck

Santa Ana, Tustin, Garden Grove, Westminster have some affordable rates but the apartments arent going to be spectacular nor would the neighborhoods.

Its all about how picky one is.

Yeah, but could you imagine living in a place called Cow Balls?

Oh wait....thats Ox Nard.

Oh nevermind, my brain in fried....

I worked almost 30 hours this week.....

Rick

My dad's going to have a room for rent in a week or two. The house isn't the nicest (its old and the owner does not maintain well) but the neighborhood is quiet and safe, and the location is great.

when are you looking for a place? Drop me a PM.

-Cal

cal said:
My dad's going to have a room for rent in a week or two. The house isn't the nicest (its old and the owner does not maintain well) but the neighborhood is quiet and safe, and the location is great.

when are you looking for a place? Drop me a PM.

-Cal

across from Ye Olde Shippe even!

Back