• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding power windows

confused

NAXJA Forum User
I'd really like to convert the '91 XJ Laredo to power windows. I already have the interior panels and switches. Besides the guts of each door and their wiring harnesses too, is there anything else I'll need? Not sure if there was another wiring harness under the dash or not. Anybody do this before?

I wish I could trade you my frustrating pos power windows for your manuals.....power is convenient but they always(in my experience) are more trouble than what they are worth.

i second that. power windows and off roading vehicles suck. mud and junk always gum up around my windows and my motors are getting tired. if i was going to switch to manual or visa versa, i'd find someone who has what you want and buy a whole set of doors. i've seen them cheap. in fact this winter i think i'll switch mine out. i've seen doors from $100 - 200 for the set, obviously used.

Back