• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hooking up a winch for multi-mount?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Just got a new Warn XD9000 for $600 and want to use it as a mulit mount for F/R use. Anyone got a setup like this? I am picking up the winch Saturday so I don't even know how it hooks up normally, muchless to the rear also.

Also will I need to upgrade my regular ole battery?

multi-mount i assume you mean to use a receiver style mount?as far as hooking up front and rear its just a matter of having the conections.

keep in mind the receiver style mount is frownd upon as they bend and twist if your not pulling streight. i have seen people use chain and tentioners to brace it a bit.(like how slide in campers tie down)

akamcbird said:
multi-mount i assume you mean to use a receiver style mount?as far as hooking up front and rear its just a matter of having the conections.

keep in mind the receiver style mount is frownd upon as they bend and twist if your not pulling streight. i have seen people use chain and tentioners to brace it a bit.(like how slide in campers tie down)

I have alot of faith in my Rigidco and its 19 mounting points, lol. The receiver mounts flush to the bumper, no wiggle room.

Anyone?

Where can I order the right cables to run to the rear? What about hooking two sets up to the battery, etc?

I don't know of any kits off-hand for the wiring, but if you decide to have some custom wiring done I highly recommend contacting 5-90 (aka Works In Progress) here's his website http://www.geocities.com/JeepI6Power/ He can hook you up with the cables you need at a very reasonable price. He's also very knowledgeable so you can be rest assured he'll recommend the appropriate sized cable and any other parts necessary to do it.

I used his HD battery cables as part of my winch project and I wish I had gotten my winch power cables from him too.

Back