• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comanche column shifter

What kind of pix, exactly. Wha the columnm looks like, the cable routing, or ....?

Just how it looks like... like where is the gear indicator etc. I'm swapping a 4.0 and AW4 trans into my YJ and would like to have the shifter in the steering column, so I'm just investigating whether a Comanche column makes a feasible option for me. Cables I will worry about later :D

Oh, okay. The gear indicator is located in the instrument cluster, left side in the gas gauge if you have the "idiot" light set-up.

ren said:
Oh, okay. The gear indicator is located in the instrument cluster, left side in the gas gauge if you have the "idiot" light set-up.
Damn! With the gear indicator in the instrument cluster it wont' be a good swap for me... thanks! :D If you know of any other options to get the shifter in the steering column please let me know!

Try looking at the mid-80s' GM stuff. The early XJ/MJ columns are GM sourced. If I remember correctly, some of the trucks were the right set-up for you. (S-10s' are damn near perfect fit, 70/80s' Camaro also). Good Hunting
Ren

in '86 (first year of comanche production)they used a gm 2.8l v6coupled w\ a torqueflight 904 - 3 speed automaticthis setup has a column shift w\ the indicator on the column

- i own an 86 with these specs that will be totaled and ill be parting it out so if you cant find what you need contact me keep in mind shipping from ak

Back