• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running No Doors

96xjwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
Hey i have heard that running no doors can ruin your jeep? is this true and if so what will happen to it, i live in a hot hot place and i was looking at running no doors but i dont wanna ruin my jeep please PM me and let me know.

NO!! I run with no doors all the time and its fine. What do you mean RUIN it? My doors line up fine and it definatly hasnt folded like a taco

96xjwheeler said:
Hey i have heard that running no doors can ruin your jeep? is this true and if so what will happen to it, i live in a hot hot place and i was looking at running no doors but i dont wanna ruin my jeep please PM me and let me know.

The doors protect the B pillar. If you wheel in big rocks & take a hit decent hit on the pillar , you could be in a little trouble if you ever want to put the doors back on & have them work and line up correctly.

Otherwise go for it, like Canman said, check local laws.

a buddy of mine has an 88 XJ, and he runs no doors, and it hasnt hurt a thing.....but Mattyj brings a good point, if u drive it daily, i would put the doors on if u go crawling...

Sorry to semi-hijack... but is it possible to (easily, preferably) make the doors on a '99 doorless? I know they changed the hinges on years after 97.

Az law states that you only need 1 mirior so as long as your rear view is still there you are good no laws about the doors needing too be on and just make sure you keep your seat belt on at all times and dont rest your foot on your door hinges :D and cops SHOULD leave you alone.

Back