• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Spring Bolts

Backdraft

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any problems with the rear spring bots being stuck? Im putting some new spring packs on the heep and these things are frozen solid. No air tools here so its all arm power. Any ideas or suggestions based on expierence would be appreciated. TIA

Mike

BTW: This is a 90 with the stock springs currently under it that have never been messed with. And yes its been hit with PB Blaster;)

Hit them with the PB Blaster for about a week. Go out and spray them down a couple of times a day for about a week. Put a breaker bar on it and while you're applying pressure on the breaker bar strike the back of the socket/bar with a hammer. It's not easy on the tools, but that's why I have Crafstman.

take the handle of a hi-lift put in on the end of a CRAFTSMAN 1/2 drive rachet and go to town on it
note: only use craftsman for this, because when u bring a rachet back to them in 2 pieces or with the gears gone, or otherwise destryed, they dont ask questions, just give you another one

Thanks guys. Good news is i found a niiiiiiiice extended handle for the 1/2 drive ratchet and KABOOM they all broke free. Better news is one of the new springs is already in now. Now I wonder if craftsman would ever make a 1/2 drive ratchet with an 20 inch handle...hehehe;)

Mike

PS: All my handtools are craftsman. I cant afford to keep breaking things that dont have a warranty

Well after looking at one side complete with 4 inch rustys packs and 30 inch tires........i think i might need some bigger meats.:cool:

Mike

Well, the new springs are in and all I can say is HOLY JEEZ! So much of an improvement over what it was. Maybe i can post some pics up when I get the front done as well. But for now, picture this. XJ with 30 inch goodyears on it and the back sagging 2 inches below stock. Then replace the springs with 4 inch packs. The tape measure didnt lie to me and it actually grew 6 inches total from where it was. So far Im happy if ya couldnt tell.:D
And I know four inches isnt crap to all you tall guys, but hey, its about time i got some kinda lift on this thing.:cool:

Mike

Back