• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE or TW???

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im in the market for a new driveshaft and sye (np242). I can get the RE hnt for 75 and a driveshaft for 275 all new, but I havent looked at TW and I want to check out all my options. How do RE driveshafts hold up?, anything to watch for?, how about TW? Who do you all think makes the better product and service?

I ran a tom woods driveshaft on my last XJ and I run a DPG Offroad (High Angle Driveline) driveshaft on my new XJ and I can't tell a difference. RE Hack and Tap on both, they are definitely a good deal for the money and hold up just fine. Just my .02

Well the RE Hack and Tap and the DPG Offroad driveshaft was around $389 for both from DPG Offroad. No shipping since I live 15 minutes from DPG Offroad. I am not sure how much the Tom Woods driveshafts are, it was already installed on my last XJ when I bought it. Hope this helps!

I like my High Angle Driveline shaft with my HnT SYE. Supposedly TW won't make a shaft for the RE HnT so I went to HAD through Dirk at DPG.

Yea, I also heard that TW only works with his own sye's. Jforse, you have the hnt and the front driveshaft... Did you need anything else to make thart combination work or do they bolt right up no problems? I have heard you need that flange but I could be wrong... Thanks for the tips!

what size lifts are you guys running to need all this stuff? does the year make you have to use this? my 89 has a 6.5 lift on it with t c drop of a 1/2" to get vibes out.. did i get lucky?

jforse said:
I run a RE H&T with a stock front DS. Works great! Have less than $200 into it.

how much lift? what axle?

the only reason mine's not lifted 5" yet is b/c i'm waiting to put the stuff on until i can spring for a new rear DS. so if i already have a shaft that'll work, i can run 2wd for a little while until i find another front. which would be pretty sweet
:party:

I have the RE HnT and their DS on my older XJ and it has been trouble free. Made several crosscountry trips to east coast and mudded it there and did some trail riding in Georgia. No problems. Have not had an oppurtunity to do any slickrock but hope to and don't anticipate problems with any of my RE stuff.....they are the bomb IMHO.

Back