• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" lift questions

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of going from my current 3" BDS lift which was an AAL lift still using stock arms to a 4.5" lift. I'm looking at the Rock Krawler 4.5" kit.
I was also thinking about maybe piecing a lift together. Actually looks a bit cheaper to do. Wondering if I should go 3.5" leafs and a shackle or 4.5" leafs?
Use my 3" spring and spacer or new 4.5" coils?
Any suggestion on full kits or pieces.
http://www.rockkrawler.com/

3.5" packs with shackles but go with a 4.5" spring in the front

I seen the 6" BDS long arm installed on this girls Jeep this past weekend. that thing is a nice set up but for what you are doing my be a little more complex. First, What do you think will be the long term goal? Ddo you have an SYE and CV shaft? Adjustable control arms and trac bar? How long are your brake lines and shocks? I have done what you are talking about. I added a block in the rear and spacer in the front. Then some longer shakles and another block to ensure I wouldn't have major vibes or and other problems. From there I got an adjustable trac bar, and 6" front springs. I still have the rear 3.5" AAL, 1" block and 2" Shakles. I have pieced mine together over the years and wish I would have saved and done it once. now for the final time I am going full width and 38's. So I could have saved a ton over the last 4 years if I would have done this from the get go. Look at everything required before making your final decision. Good luck.

Back