• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Last thing for brake install....

sik4wheeler

NAXJA Forum User
Okay everyone so I have done away with the ABS on my 89 xj. I replaced the system with a m/c and booster from a 2004 wj. The last thing is that I have to hook up the vacumn hose that goes into the manifold. The only problem with doing that is that I didnt have the vacumn hose before. So What do I do. I just finished working on it and would love to hopefully unplug a plug or something easy and get it going tomorrow or Tuesday probably b/c i bet i'll need parts. Thanks ahead of time for the help.

The bung has to be there on the manifold, I thought even ABS XJs had boosters. The fitting should be much larger than all the rest of them, it's pretty obvious. I'd keep looking around, maybe the fitting just has a plug over it.

There should be a "plug" in the manifold. On top towards the back. Mine has a box hole in it to stick a ratchet into to remove. The abs systems had a seperate pump for the vaccum. I have yet to do this swap, but it is on my to do list. You will need a nipple to insert into the manifold. You should be able to find one pretty easy.

Okay so my brakes are all hooked up and working well except the front driver side. There is not any fluid coming out of the proportioning valve for that calliper. I have the rear brake line hooked up closes to the adjustement on the prop. valve. and the one that is not working is routed from the center output. Any suggestions..

Back