• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggestions for Exhaust Manifold

96XJ_Garth

NAXJA Forum User
Hi again,

I'm trying to price out exhaust manifolds to replace the one my shop thinks may be cracked. They have two replacement options: OEM at $577 and an aftermarket for $425.

I've seen them MUCH cheaper on-line ... but don't know a thing about which ones have good reps for quality and lifespan. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I know the OEM's are prone to cracking and I really don't want to go that route.

I have a recomendation in from a friend (see link below) that seems pretty attractive. But I don't have the experience to be able to judge ...

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/ExhaustManifolds/Jeep/Cherokee

Thanks!

--Garth

I went the cheap route with mine and got one from Rubicon USA.199.99 for a stainless replacement. The flange wasn't flat, meaning it didn't seal against the gasket. Leak started. another one was sent to me, same problem but I checked it before I put it on. Borla makes a nice one. Banks makes a nice one. Gibson makes one as well. Well below what you would pay for the 425 "aftermarket one".
borla.com
gibsonexhaust.com
banksexhaust.com ?

Juice

Back