• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap safari rack...What do you guys think?

Motorvated

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11219524&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&N=4015373&Mo=13&No=3&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=50829&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&topnav=

Seems a few guys on another site bought it, and said its pretty good quality! Free shiping and all BTW. What do you guys think?

Here you go http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...50829&N s=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&topnav=

I think this has been discussed on here before at least a little bit http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=913587&highlight=coleman+rack.

It seems like it could be promising. For $75 shipped you can't really go wrong. I bet it is pretty good quality as I haven't seen any coleman stuff that was really junk.

The sample pic is of an XJ too.
107167LL.jpg

Last edited:
As long as you don't try to overload it go for it. I think I just found my roof rack. LOL I won't be putting much besides maybe a tire, and a few camping supplies on it so I should be fine.

I was camping this past weekend and as I looked around my camp, (primitive and not on a park campground) I thought that Jeep and Coleman go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly!

What are the dimensions of this rack? If it would fit, I would like to use it as a "mountaineer" rack setup in the inside cargo area of my cherokee. It would be easy to fabricate mounting points on it and cheaper than $200 that Olympic wants.....

Nevermind found out what they are......44" x 39" x 6.5" basket

That would defintely fit inside the cargo area, now if I can get it from Costco for $75 looks like it would be a good interior setup

i bought one 4 months ago. Get compliments on it all the time since no one recognizes it. A lot better than its competitior yakima rack which costs quite a bit more, but it can use cross bars on gutter mounts which is a lot stronger. I think for the price its great but I wouldnt even trust my spare up there. Mainly a place for gear and i was thinkin of fabbing up a hi lift mount for it. i also would like the net that it shows in the pic but couldnt find it anywhere.

Is there any way to mount this as a gutter rail instead on the factory cross bars?

selarep said:
Is there any way to mount this as a gutter rail instead on the factory cross bars?

dellstopjeep said:
i bought one 4 months ago. Get compliments on it all the time since no one recognizes it. A lot better than its competitior yakima rack which costs quite a bit more, but it can use cross bars on gutter mounts which is a lot stronger. I think for the price its great but I wouldnt even trust my spare up there. Mainly a place for gear and i was thinkin of fabbing up a hi lift mount for it. i also would like the net that it shows in the pic but couldnt find it anywhere.

Isn't the stock rack rated at something like 75 pounds, add the wait of that rack and would think you are old able to put 50 pounds in it. Looks like another production you get what you pay for. Sure not the worst but would definately have its limits

It is exactly that... a cheap basket. It is decent for the price. Too bad costco doesn't have the extension as well. I've used mine a few times with the oem crossbars and won't use it again without some rain-gutter mounts (ie yakima or thule).

jragan said:
Isn't the stock rack rated at something like 75 pounds, add the wait of that rack and would think you are old able to put 50 pounds in it. Looks like another production you get what you pay for. Sure not the worst but would definately have its limits

stock i thought was more like 125-150lbs. Could be wrong, i have replaced stocj cross bars and feet with a thule system that uses the factory longitudinal mounts and i have carry wood and ladders and deer and all sorts of stuff up there.

Back