• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

locker or weld????

95sport

NAXJA Forum User
I want my jeep eather to have a locker or just get it welded up i dont want a arb air locker becuse they are to much and i dont use it offroad enuff to get one .I use it as my dd and wheel it about every month i didnt know weither welding it or locker would be better if you guys couls help me out please.

Thanks
95sport

I have a welded Dana 35 non-C clip. Didn't want to put the money for a locker in a POS 35, but it's my trail rig only. I would NOT weld a differential for one used on the street. JMO

DO NOT WELD A DAILY DRIVER

:explosion

the rear end is designed to slip a little thats how you can go around corners without breaking an axle.

get a locker, if you cant afford it just save up longer. DONT WELD IT :twak:

i went with a lunch box locker (lock right, aussi, detroit easy lock...) they are cheaper than tires and if a welded rear stays together you will eat up rear tires very fast

I guess i'll throw some fuel on the fire.

I daily drive my XJ with a welded rear. and the new D44 i'm building for it already is fully welded.

BUT............it's strictly because of lack of finances and because the rest of the jeep is build on a "junkyard" budget. one day i do plan on putting lockers front and rear. but for right now i don't mind the welded rear. i don't think it's as bad as people say.

IMO go with an Aussie. Strong and will not kill your drivability on pavement.
Welding on a Daily driver isn't advised. This will end up tearing up tires and puts more stress on many other componets. Sure it's cheap to weld it up but you'll be paying more in the long run replacing stuff.

Back