• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab FF 07 goin?

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
alright, I'm stoked about going to Moab in October. I really would like to have my wife and daughter come along to experience Moab in town and maybe a little bit of the trail.

Issue is that my wife is considering staying home instead. Though that might be better for me while I'm there but I will hear about that for a while afterwards.

My wifes best friend will prolly bail out at the last minute, and I'd like to make sure she has company to hang out with in town while I go wheeling. I plan on spending a couple days with her and the daughter doing family stuff but I wanna wheel too.

Question is...anyone from SoCal who will have their better halves doing things in town?

I might make the trip, but my better half wouldn't be caught dead shopping when theres wheeling going on. Thats why I married her (that and a couple other big reasons :) )

Ardis is usually on the trail, but see likes to take at least one day to kick back in town, or sight see.

Alot depends on who's around.

--ron

JohnX said:
Thats why I married her (that and a couple other big reasons :) )
What, that she was stinking rich?

:D

There is very little chance I'll be there and no chance Holly will :D I'd like to get her out there some time but I haven't quite gotten her talked into it...

My better half & my little girl may be coming. She still hasnt given me definate answer, but its a possibility.

I should know more in a few weeks.

Go ing

xjohnnyc said:
What?!? She's letting you go, huh?
I just had to show her a close up of the back of my hand. That's all.

Kyung

:gag: Actually, I think it was the little talk I had with her.

I'm heading up on September 29 or 30. But I don't have a better half.

corbinafly said:
I just had to show her a close up of the back of my hand. That's all.

Kyung

hardee har. :) Is your wife going too? Or are you soloing?

djblade311 said:
alright, I'm stoked about going to Moab in October. I really would like to have my wife and daughter come along to experience Moab in town and maybe a little bit of the trail.

Issue is that my wife is considering staying home instead.

Question is...anyone from SoCal who will have their better halves doing things in town?

To gert back to the original question; yes, there should be some other people for her to pal around with (but you may have to do some of the arranging work for her when you get there if she's not proactive that way).

My girlfriend is going, but she likes to wheel. We do usually spend a day or two NOT wheeling - but we go see Arches park and petroglyphs.

Take her on an easier trail (it's a different kind of wheelin' than around here) and if she likes it - hit a slightly harder trail. When she gets to the "I'd rather stay in town" point, arrange a day in town for her and then hit another easier trail with her later in the week, then hit a hard one the next day. As the week goes on, some of the less devoted shotgunner's spend more time in camp.

bburge

djblade311 said:
hardee har. :) Is your wife going too? Or are you soloing?
solo

I wouldn't say that there is a lot of shopping, but if you like the outdoors, but are not into wheeling - there is the Arches Nat'l Park and it is wonderful.

We did, and will again, be spending a day there. Usually the Monday before the trail runs begin... She's welcome to tag along if she doesn't mind some hiking.

bburge

4xSanta said:
If you guys must go wheeling I can take all the girls shopping and............feed Mia her formula & change her poopy diapers!SANTA

Fixed it for ya Kenny!:roflmao:

actually, Kenny wants to hang out with the mothers so they can change HIS diapers. Mothers have experience with that. :D

djblade311 said:

Michaelle is coming along with me this year. I know that she'll join me for a day or two of wheeling on the really scenic trails like Hells Revenge, but she'd rather do some hiking in Arches.

Back