• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 stalling

acantare

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 YJ ( i know this is an XJ forum) been having problems with it stalling. Prior to today the last time it stalled was 3 months ago. It looses power sputters then stalls our. Last weekend while wheeling it was sputtering and felt like it was loosing alot of power (felt like i was running on fewer cyliders). Before i tighted down the srews that go from my jacobs coil to where it mounts, that seemed to work for a few months. Then today im driving 50 down the highway it sputtered a few times, then when i pulled off on a side street it died. I then got out checked the coil screws it fired back up and went another 50 yard and died. A guy showed up with a chevy and towed me home, he said he saw red hot pieces blowing out my exhaust ( from my CAT)

So is it a bad coil or the fact that i need a new CAT?

HELP!! i want to offroad memorial day

he saw red hot pieces blowing out my exhaust
Not that I think any of your runability issues are caused by the cat but if your spitting out hot objects I WOULD NOT drive it till this was fixed. Something about starting fires.

Yea, if you did a cat metldown that would mean some pretty impressive back pressures.

i'm thinking of cuting my CAT off knocking out its insides then reinstalling it. Ill get a new CAT next week, this would just be the quick fix to wheel with on monday

Back