• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cracked frame

mgt

NAXJA Member #653
Got a small crack in my frame(unibody) at the uca braket, does anyone know a good place to get it welded in the riverside area ? then i can put on some frame stifferners.

Last edited:
theres a frame repair shop on the corner of Main and Spruce. (if i remember right) its for sure on Main though... you can head by and see what they say. I also have a friend that just fixed a crack in a scrambler frame, its no shop by anymeans but i could see if hes willing to repair it for you...

If you want to drive it to Bakersfield, I'll fix it for you. I'm an expert at XJ frame repair.

:D :D

I'd look for a welding shop. Any good welder can repair the crack, then you can add reinforcement. Is the UCA bracket cracked, or the frame near it?

should i go with long arm or drop brackets, there's about a $500 difference.
I don't know what labor would be.

mgt said:
should i go with long arm or drop brackets, there's about a $500 difference.
I don't know what labor would be.

Part of it would depend on whether you have invested in decent control arms already. If not, then long arms might be a good way to go. If you already have good after-market arms, you might be better off with the drop brackets, but it doesn't solve your crack problem.

bburge

I live in Yucaipa, just up the road. I have a 110 v. Miller wire feed welder, we could crank up the heat all to hell and put a nasty, huge weld on it if ya wanted :). No charge of course. Can you even drive it?

If ya didn't get this fixed yet, I can hook you up. Just bring it to Temecula, or for beer and pizza I can go to riverside. I don't know how you are fixed for tools etc. so I would prefer my place. Anyway gimme a call. BTW it's Karma

Back